Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Example of Undisciplined Lifeguards

Yesterday I went swimming at Pavek Pool in Berwyn with my cousins. I knew what was coming before I went. I had heard so many bad stories about the lifeguards.
When we arrived, there was one lifeguard watching the entire pool while kids were swimming. The pool is fifty yards long with a diving board and a water slide. Finally two other guards went up.
 I enjoyed my swim, but sure enough, the lifeguards were goofing around, talking a lot on stand, turning their backs to the water, and even playing with a basketball. They were doing things that I would be fired for in my company.
I asked a lifeguard who they were trained by. Pointing a finger behind, he said by his manager. He said it like he was confused or thought I was stupid.
Later when I was going to the locker room, I passed by the guard room. There was a man inside in a yellow shirt texting with his feet up. (Manager?)
I used my underwater camera and captured a few snapshots of them.
Every time I need a motivation for work, I'll just look at those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment