Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Cousin Martina

Once upon a time there lived a teenaged girl, who so happens to be my cousin,
and she is a lifeguard for Jeff Ellis. I didn't really care about lifeguarding before she herself became one:lifeguards were only people at pools who embarrassed me when I went running on the deck.
But now I know better- lifeguards have a purpose. Martina has a purpose now in life and in work because she is a lifeguard. She gives me tips on this or that about swimming or lifeguarding and encourages me to keep striving after my ideal self as she has done. That is why I am so happy Martina is a lifeguard. Her life is blossoming beautifully into a promising adulthood, and I am glad to have such a cousin who cares about where life takes her and still manages to keep herself busy by nurturing her soul along with myself with writing! Lifeguarding is definitely a job to keep the spirits high and that is why Martina is the best cousin ever!
By Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment